Dixon

Around 1928, John Cannon Dixon became landlord of the Station Inn at Oxenholme. Members of the Dixon family ran the Station Inn through until 1991.
John’s son George Whitehead Dixon (1904-1958) took over from his father as landlord until his death in 1958.

The Dixon Family outside the Station Inn Photograph courtesy of Helen Charnley

Outside the Station Inn
Standing: Ellen Wilson Dixon neé Addison (1905-1997) and landlord George Whitehead Dixon (1904-1958)
Seated: Ellen’s parents Fanny Barker Addison neé Wilson (1875-1960) and Robert Addison (1881-1957) of Crow Park, Natland
Standing (front centre): Child of Ellen & George, name unknown
Photograph courtesy of Helen Charnley